HEAL YOUR PETS THE NATURAL WAY !!
Homeopathic remedies have been used in animals for the last 190 years and are of great use in the treatment of your animals.
Veterinary Homoeopathy acts equally efficiently in large animals ,small animals and pets.Farm animals ,birds and Fish also respond very well to this system of medicine
No side effects ,effective , safe and easy to administer are some of the benefits of using Homeopathic medicines
What Can Be Treated By Homeopathy?
Homoeopathic medicines are equally efficient in the treatment of poultry diseases. These medicines increase the egg production and growth of birds is faster resulting in better profits. These drugs are readily mixed in water or feed.
In many states in India eg.Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, homoeopathic medicines are commonly used in poultry diseases due to its low cost, and safe and quick action.
Common diseases in birds like Coccidiosis which is generally observed in young growing birds have been benefited by Homoeopathic medicines like Merc sol ,Nux vom and Sulphur.
Also Ranikhet disease ,an infectious disease known to devastate the poultry industry , have Homoeopathic treatment and prevention medicines like Belladonna, Carboveg and Veratrum album.
Almost all form of diseases in animals right from acute cough or cold to chronic diseases like skin allergies, TICKS, ear infections, asthma, inflammatory bowel disease and a host of other conditions can be successfully treated with Homoeopathy.
Also diseases like : vitamin deficiencies, boils ,fever, menstrual problems, prolapse of uterus, arthritis, allergy, dysentery, acidity, worms , eczema ,urinary troubles have quick solutions in Homoeopathy.
Taylor and Smith have rightly emphasized that Homeopathic remedies do not clash with analgesics,tonics or physical therapies.
Homoeopathic veterinary shampoo ‘s ,ointments and creams are also available for external use.
Premature Greying of Hair
Salt and pepper, silver, charcoal or whatever you call it, grey hair happens to all of us at some point. But why do some people go grey in their 20s while others don’t see the first sign of silver until age 50? If you’re going grey early, what are your options?
Premature Greying of hair typically starts at the in the mid- 30s in the white people, Asians in their late 30s, and African-Americans in their mid-40s. Half of all people have a significant amount of grey hair by the time they turn 50.
Going grey, by itself, does not mean you have a medical problem, except in rare cases.
Causes of Greying.
Contrary to popular belief, stress has not been shown to cause gray hair. Scientists don’t know exactly why some people go gray early, but genes play a large role.
Some research has suggested a connection between premature graying and lower bone density later in life. But in 2007, a study of about 1,200 California men and women showed no such link.
- Genes play a major role
- Vitamin B-12 deficiency or
- Problems with your pituitary or thyroid gland can cause premature graying that’s reversible if the problem is corrected.
- A faulty diet is the two primary causes of premature greying of hair. It is mainly due to the lack of iron, copper and iodine in the daily diet that this hair disorder is caused at a young age these days.
- Some say, Mental worries, stress produce an extraordinary tension in the skin of the scalp which interferes with the supply of vital nutrition necessary for the health of the hair. Similarly, anxieties, fear, jealousy and failures have adverse effects on the hair. They dry out the scapular marrow, the vital part at the root of the hair.
- Unclean conditions of the hair weaken the roots of the hair as the pores are blocked by the dirt.
- Washing the hair with hot water and drying them in electric dryers which emit a blast of hot air.
- Use of hair dyes in earlier stages also increases the problem.
Homeopathy in premature greying of hair
Homoeopathy can be a boon for those suffering from grey hair.Its is a wholistic system of medicine.Detailed case history is taken and depending on the cause , the medicines are prescribed .
A few Homeopathic medicines commonly used for premature greying of hair are:
Lycopodium,Acid Phos, Nat mur, Graphites,Sulphur,Thuja,Thyroidinum and Psorinum
Lycopodium: Beginning on temples and vertex the hair turns gray early and falls out profusely, even to baldness, while it grows and increases.
Acid Phos : Hair gray early in life; falls out. Hair thins out, turns gray early.Very oily, soft, flaxen hair, which turns gray early and falls from head and beard, especially after grief and care.
Sulphur : Tinea capitis, dry form.Scalp dry, falling of hair; worse, washing.The hair of the head aches, when scratching the head. Pain of the roots of the hair, especially when touched.Falling out of the hair.Itching pimples on the hairy scalp.
- Vit B containing food like yeast, yoghurt ( curd) ,wheat germ help in preventing greying of hair.
- Sources of Iron like carrots, dates, bananas and similar other vegetables and fruits. Carrots are especially useful in furnishing fresh blood and maintaining the health of the hair.
- Liberal intake of curry leaves is considered beneficial in preventing greying of hair. These have the property to give vitality and strength to the hair toots. Theses leaves can be used in chutneys, dals and also squeezed in buttermilk.
Amla is a valuable hair tonic for enriching hair growth and hair pigmentation. The fruit cut into pieces should be dried, preferably in shade. These pieces should be boiled in coconut oil till the solid matter becomes like dust. This darkish oil is very useful in preventing greying.
Massaging the hair with a tea spoon of amla juice mixed with a teaspoon of almond oil, at night, has also proved beneficial.
The butter made from cow’s milk has to the property to prevent greying of hair. This can be massaged into the hair roots twice a week.
Natural Hair Dye
- Take one cup of aamla (dry) and two cups of curd. Keep the mixture in an iron vessel overnight, mash and apply on your scalp. Your hair will gradually get its colour back.
- A paste of henna leaves, boiled in coconut oil to get darkish oil can be used as a hair dye to blacken grey hair. The paste itself can be applied to the hair and washed away after few hours to dye the grey hair.
- Washing the hair with concentrated tea extract twice a week is considered useful in colouring grey hair to brown /black.
Dr. Neha Smart
BRIEF INFORMATION ABOUT MALE PATTERN BALDNESS
- The adult human body has approximately 5 million hair of which about 80,000 to 1,50,000 are on the scalp.
- Hair is composed of a protein called keratin , hence it is important to take enough protein in your diet to prevent hair loss.
- Hair grows at the rate of half an inch per month. It grows best between the ages of 15 to 30. The total length to which the hair can grow is genetically determined, hence everyone cannot grow hair to the same length.
- There are 3 phases of the hair growth cycle: anagen, catagen and telogen. Anagen is the growth phase followed by catagen, a period of status quo wherin there is no growth as well as regression. Ultimately the hair follicle enters the telogen phase ,wherein the hair strand falls off and the follicle does not produce any new hair. Every hair goes through this cycle.
Common causes of male pattern baldness/androgenetic alopecia.
- Genetic history : 50%
- Skin disorders of the scalp : like seborrheic dermatitis ,eczema, etc…
- Mental stress
- Illnesses : like jaundice, malaria, typhoid.
- Frequent travelling involving a change of water or long term use of hard water is also a causative factor for hair loss.
- Certain allopathic drugs- like anti epileptic drugs, anti hypertensive , few antibiotics….
- Frequent use of ammonia based dyes etc….
Q.Why is there an increase in hairfall while washing?
A. The hair that fall during washing are in the telogen (terminal) phase and would have fallen anyways. Also,longer the time interval between the washes, greater is the fall, for then it is a cumulative fall.
Q. Can the amount of hair fall vary from time to time?
A. Yes. The hairs are in different phases of the cycle. Not all hair can be in the same phase at the same time. Thus while some hair are in the growth phase ,some are in the telogen phase …. Which are ultimately going to shed during combing or washing and this hair loss is normal.
Q. Does exercising cause hair loss ?
A. No. Research studies show that there is no relation of hair loss and exercise.
Q. How often should I wash my hair?
A. This depends from person to person according to the type of hair. For oily hair, it is important to wash daily. Similiarly , where the hair becomes sticky due to excessive sweating , it is important to wash daily. For dry hair, one can wash alternate days.
Q. How can I take care of my dull and dry hair?
A. Shiny hair is due a healthy cuticle. Dull hair is due to a damaged cuticle. This can be taken care with the use of mild conditioners and improving one’s diet to ensure the intake of adequate proteins ,vitamins and minerals.
Q. Why does hair loss carry so much of importance?
A. Although hair loss is not a disease, but yet causes a lot of suffering in a patient. Hairloss is regarded as a negative trait and is subconsciously associated with aging and loss of beauty. Hence, when hairloss is specially premature, it leads to lack of confidence and social withdrawal.